A Pizza Stone is a great way to get that stone oven cooked taste when making pizza (or other delicious foods) on your Napoleon® grill. But taking care of it is equally as important as its use. Here are some great tips on cleaning your pizza stone for optimum lifespan and enjoyment.
- Allow your pizza stone to cool completely.
- Any hardened bits can be removed by scraping gently with a spatula and then wiping with a damp cloth.
- Food stains are a natural occurrence.
- Never use soap or soak your pizza stone in water. Soap can alter the flavor of the food you are cooking and water may become trapped in the pores of the stone and cause damage when heating the stone.
- Do not coat the stone with oil, you want the oils from the foods you are cooking to build up naturally to create a non-stick surface.
Now that you know how to clean your Pizza Stone, check out this article on how to use your stone to get the most out of it.