Maple Bacon Beer Burgers
Another Blissful Marriage Of Maple And Bacon
by Andrea Alden
Serve with your favorite condiments
- 1 lb. ground beef, you want a mix of 80% lean to 20% fat to keep them from shrinking and being dry
- 2 tbsp. Better Butter Burger Seasoning
- 1/4 cup beer, something with a hint of honey or maple is best, but you can use your favorite
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. maple bacon bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 12 slices of honey or maple cured bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 slices of old sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 rosemary focaccia buns
- 4 tbsp. butter
- sliced onion and lettuce for serving
Preheat the grill to 400°F. Grill the bacon over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping half way, until perfectly crispy.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, better butter burger seasoning, beer, maple syrup, bbq sauce, pepper, salt and crumble 4 of the slices of bacon, adding them to the beef.
Mix the ingredients very well and then form into 4 patties. Lay the patties on waxed paper and chill them for 30 minutes. **This is where the extra time comes in for the total time.
Preheat your grill again to between 450° and 500°F and grill your patties over direct heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Butter the buns and grill them on the warming rack. Top the burgers with cheese in the last minute or two of grilling.
Place the burgers on the buns and top with two slices of cheese. Dress them to your heart's content with your favorite condiments, and serve.
Burgers are amazing, you can do almost anything with them, as evidenced by the 12-ish burger recipes on the blog, and both the Baron and I enjoy a good burger. What is your favorite burger? Tell me about style, recipe, or even meat choices, just leave a comment below and tell me all about your favorite burgers.