Red Wine Marinated
- 1 Napoleon® Charcoal Tray
- 1 small bag charcoal briquettes (2-3 lbs.)
- 4 rib steaks (12 oz.), 1½” thick,
tied to form a tight circle
- ½ cup, 125 mL Cabernet Sauvignon
- ½ cup, 125 mL Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup, 60 mL olive oil
- ¼ cup, + 1 tbsp. sesame seeds,
black and white
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. Napoleon® Steak Spice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- to taste, Napoleon® Steak Sauce
Mix together red wine, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, ¼ cup sesame seeds, ¼ cup Napoleon® Steak Spice, brown sugar, and chopped parsley into a large bowl.
Place steaks into a sealable container or bag and pour in marinade. Seal and refrigerate for one hour, turning occasionally to marinate evenly.
Remove one grid from grill and insert Napoleon® Charcoal Tray according to manufacturer’s instructions. Arrange, charcoal briquettes evenly into tray. Light charcoal according to manufacturers instructions. Carefully place grids back into grill over lit charcoal, and allow charcoal to burn with grill lid open, until briquettes are white hot in colour, covered in ash and grill reaches medium high heat.
Remove steaks from marinade, spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray and season with 1 tbsp. of sesame seeds and 1 tbsp. of Napoleon® Steak Spice.
Place steaks onto grill directly over the hot coals. Grill steaks for 5-6 minutes per side, turning once, for medium-rare. Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes. Cut the string off each steak and serve immediately with Napoleon® Steak Sauce on the side and a green salad.