with Soy Wasabi Glaze
Soy Wasabi Glaze
- 12 chicken thighs, skin on & bone in
- 2 tbsp., 30 mL Napoleon® Savory Chicken
and Rib Spice
- 2 tbsp., 30 mL vegetable oil
- 1 tsp., 5 mL sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp., 15 mL finely chopped ginger
- ½ cup, 125 mL soy sauce
- ¼ cup, 60 mL honey
- 2 tbsp., 30 mL rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp., 15 mL Wasabi powder
- to taste, salt and coarsely ground pepper
- ¼ cup, 60 mL toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup, 125 mL pickled ginger
Pat chicken thighs dry with paper toweling. Season the chicken with Napoleon® Savory Chicken and Rib Spice, pressing the seasoning into the meat.
To prepare the glazing sauce, place the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic and ginger until tender and fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Wasabi powder. Set aside and allow to cool.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Spray chicken lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place onto grill. Sear chicken thighs for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken thighs to the top rack of the grill, turn grill down to medium heat and close lid. Roast chicken thighs for 20 to 30 minutes over indirect heat basting every 10 minutes with lots of the glazing sauce. Baste chicken thighs one final time with glaze and remove from grill.
Sprinkle chicken with toasted sesame seeds and serve with pickled ginger and extra glazing sauce on the side.