With Carrots Parsnips & Onions
by SuperUser Account
Slice the ingredients for autumn slaw
- 5 cloves of roasted garlic, mashed
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 4 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. apple cider
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- 2 cups of julienned carrots (2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup julienned parsnip (1 small parsnip)
- 1 broccoli stock, remove the hard skin and leaves, no head or crown
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
Julienne the carrots, parsnip and the broccoli. Slice the onion thin.
In a bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider, vinegar, and chives.
Toss the julienned vegetables into the dressing and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. It is best to let the flavours meld for at least one hour, but overnight is best.
Coleslaw is a staple picnic food, but in the cooler months it can be hard to get the ingredients. Use seasonal vegetables like carrots, broccoli, parsnips and onions to make this Autumn Slaw. A stick to your ribs slaw that won't break the bank with summer veggies. It goes great with Barbecue Beef Sandwiches.