Grilled Chicken Wings
Serious Buffalo Style
- 1 Napoleon® Multi Grill Basket
- chicken wings (4 lb.), 3 piece wings
with tip attached
- ½ cup Napoleon® Creole Cajun Spice
Serious Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero pepper,
seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 jar, Napoleon® Buffalo Style Injector Sauce
- ½ cup, honey
- ½ cup, cold butter, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- to taste, salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup, 250 mL mayonnaise
- 1 cup, 250 mL sour cream
- 2 tbsp., 30 mL lemon juice
- 1 cup, 250 mL crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tsp., 10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- to taste, salt and coarsely ground pepper
Rinse the wings in cold water and pat dry with paper toweling. Place in a large bowl and add the Napoleon® Creole Cajun Spice. Rub the seasoning into the meat, ensuring wings are coated evenly. Tuck the tip of each wing in behind the drumette ends to form wings into triangles. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onions, garlic and hot pepper for 3 to 5 minutes until fragrant and tender. Stir in the Napoleon® Buffalo Style Injector Sauce and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cold butter until incorporated. Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste, cover and set aside.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Place wings in Napoleon® Multi Grill Basket according to manufacturers instructions. Grill wings for about 20-25 minutes, turning basket frequently, until wings are fully cooked, golden brown and crisp. Frequently baste wings directly in the basket with the sauce during the last 5-8 minutes of cooking time, reserving about ¼ of sauce.
Remove wings from grill, remove from basket, and toss with reserved sauce in a large bowl. Add chopped cilantro, sliced green onion, and season with salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste and toss to evenly coat.
For the Serious Blue Cheese Dip, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir in the blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and green onions. Season to taste with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Transfer to a sealable container, cover and refrigerate until needed. Will keep for up to a week refrigerated. Makes about 3 cups
Serve immediately with serious Blue Cheese Dip, celery and carrot sticks.