Open-Face Chicken Breast Sandwich
with Cucumber and Tomato Salsa
Posted on by
Cucumber & Tomato Salsa
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. /225 g.)
- ¼ cup Chardonnay
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. Napoleon® Savory Chicken and Rib Spice
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup, 60 mL olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup, 60 mL chopped fresh basil
- to taste, salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- to taste, Napoleon® Savory Chicken and Rib Spice
- 4 slices thick-sliced texas toast
- ½ cup, 125 mL garlic butter
- 1 cup, 250 mL shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup, 250 mL bean sprouts
In a medium bowl, combine Chardonnay, juice of one orange, olive oil, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh parsley and Napoleon® Savory Chicken and Rib Spice. Mix well. Place chicken breasts into a large sealable bag or container. Pour in marinade, seal container and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour, turning occasionally to ensure chicken marinates evenly.
In a medium bowl, mix together cucumber, tomato, olive oil, lemon juice and chopped fresh basil. Season to taste with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade and lightly spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray. Season with Napoleon® Savory Chicken and Rib Spice to taste and place onto grill. Grill chicken for 15-18 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is fully cooked.
While chicken is grilling, spread garlic butter onto the bread. Place bread onto grill and toast until lightly charred. Turn over to toast opposite side of bread and top each slice with ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Place bread onto top rack of grill and allow cheese to melt while chicken is grilling.
When chicken is fully cooked, remove from grill and allow to rest. Place one chicken breast onto each piece of garlic toast and top with Cucumber & Tomato Salsa and bean sprouts. Serve immediately.