Grill Basket Whole Trout
With White Wine Butter Sauce
Posted on by
White Wine Butter Sauce
- 1 Napoleon® Large Fish Basket
- 1 whole trout (2-3 lb. /1.5 kg. ), scaled and
gutted, head attached
- ½ lb. /225 g. unsalted butter
- ½ cup, 125 mL Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 + 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp., 15 mL chopped fresh thyme
- to taste, Napoleon® Classic Steak Spice
- 2 tbsp., 30 mL olive oil
- 2 lemons, sliced into ¼” thick wheels
- ½ bunch fresh thyme
- 1 white onion, peeled and sliced into
¼” thick rings
Preheat grill to medium heat.
In a small saucepan, heat butter and Sauvignon Blanc until butter is melted and bubbling. Add juice of 2 lemons, chopped fresh thyme, 4 cloves of minced garlic and mix well. Season with Napoleon® Classic Steak Spice to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
Rinse trout under cold water and pat dry with paper toweling. Season fish inside and out with olive oil and Napoleon® Classic Steak Spice to taste. Fill the cavity of the fish with lemon slices, half of the fresh thyme, sliced white onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
Place fish into basket, and place basket onto grill. Grill fish for 10-12 minutes per side, carefully turning the basket every 5-6 minutes. Basting continuously with white wine butter sauce, until fish is fully cooked and hot throughout and skin is crispy.
Remove basket from grill and remove fish from basket. Carefully transfer fish to a platter and serve immediately with wedges of lemon and Sauvignon Blanc.