A Pizza Stone is a great way to get that stone oven cooked taste when cooking on your Napoleon® grill. But taking care of it is equally as important as its use.
- Allow your pizza stone to cool completely.
- Any hardened bits can be removed by scraping gently with a spatula and then wiping with a damp cloth.
- Food stains are a natural occurrence.
- Never use soap or soak your pizza stone in water. Soap can alter the flavour of the food you are cooking and water may become trapped in the pores of the stone and cause damage when heating the stone.
- Do not coat the stone with oil, you want the oils from the foods you are cooking to build up naturally to create a non-stick surface.