Pick a steak that is well marbled, the more marble there is inside, the more flavourful and tender your steak will be. A perfect steak size is about 1½ to 2-inches thick and about 12 to 16 oz. each, depending on the cut.
- Lift lid.
- Turn on red knob.
- Press the ignition button.
- Warm up for one minute.
- Place thick, juicy steak on grids (lid up or down optional).
- Wait two – three minutes, flip steak with tongs. (You do not want to use a fork and pierce the steak as this will let out the juices the infrared has locked in).
- Wait another two – three minutes, turn off the red knob.
- You now have a medium rare steak.
Here is a video on grilling the perfect steak on the SIZZLE ZONE™.
Never cut a steak to see if it is done – use a meat thermometer. Cutting allows all the natural juices to escape.