Rotary Igniter Replacement
- To remove the rotary igniter, first remove the igniter knob by pulling it away from the control panel.
- Disconnect the electrode wires from the igniter.
- Remove the 2 screws fastening the assembly to the control panel. The heat shield and igniter can now be removed from the underside of the control panel.
- To replace, connect the wires to the igniter, then holding it in place underneath the control panel, start screwing in the 2 fastening screws. Slide the heatshield back into place between the igniter and the underside of the control panel so that the slots line up with the mounting screws. Tighten the 2 fastening screws.
Electronic Igniter Replacement
- Unscrew the igniter push button knob. Remove the battery.
- Disconnect the electrode wires from the underside of the igniter.
- Remove the black nylon nut fastening the igniter to the control panel.
- Pull the igniter away from the underside of the control panel.
- To replace the igniter, reverse the previous steps.
- Turn off the gas supply to the grill. Remove warming rack, cooking grids and sear plates.
- Disconnect the electrode wires from the igniter on the underside of the control panel.
- Bend the collector box in the opposite direction from the opening in the box.
- To replace, feed the electrode wire through the opening until the box is against the base of the grill. Refasten the collector box and electrode to the base with the 1/4” hex head screw. Bend the collector box closed so that it is parallel to the burner with it’s opening facing the burner. Attach the wire back to the igniter